drank Goji Pop by DAVIDsTEA

So, I made this as a Soda today…

I brewed up 2 tsp. in boiling water, but only used about and ounce and a half or two ounces of water, so it was very concentrated. After letting it cool to about room temperature, I mixed it with a full can of club soda.

Actually, it was pretty good. I think maybe I enjoyed this tea as much this way as I do iced or a hot beverage. The melon flavour really shone through, but the hibiscus was quite tart and it didn’t seem to mix too well with the carbonation of the soda. It was an odd experience.

Anyway, I don’t know if I’ll have anything to add tomorrow. It seems like I’m going to have a fairly busy day: I’m going on a first ‘date’ (though, not a date – since we both agree that dates are too high stress with too much social expectation to live up to for either party) with someone I met using an online dating site…

Originally I was just looking to meet a few friends here in Saskatoon (since I know my mom used a dating site when she was looking to meet people, and it worked very favourably with her) but this was actually a nice and unexpected surprise. So, I hope it goes well – and fingers crossed?

I think I’m going to bring him some peppermint tea, since he said he finds my tea obsession “cute” (I don’t think he understands just how much I love and drink tea – and even that is nothing compared to many of you all) and he was complaining about getting headaches – which peppermint tea is good for. Also, since he doesn’t drink tea often it’s a good way to sort of ease him in to it? I don’t know – what do you think? Cute or corny?

Fjellrev

First off, best of luck on your “date”! That must be simultaneously exciting and nerve-wracking. I’ll cross my fingers for you. I joined a dating site when I moved here for the same reason too, but nothing ever came of it. No meet-ups or friend-making. Too many dirtbags. And that totally isn’t corny. If he’s cool he’ll appreciate it. If he thinks it’s corny, then he’s an assclown. :)

And we’re totally on the same wavelength on this tea. I have some cold-brewing in the fridge right now. Plus I love it as a tea pop.

keychange

definitely thoughtful of you. Good luck!

ashmanra

Sounds like fun! It is nice that he finds the tea obsession cute instead of frightening. I think some people I know acre just plain bewildered by it, but I manage to lure most of them to the dark side. LOL! BTW, my dad was stationed at Roswell in the late forties! :)

sweeTEApie

Tea soda… I’m SO intrigued!

Roswell Strange

I’m still working on mastering proportions of soda to tea and finding the perfect ratio. I’ve also tried cold brewing my tea straight into the club soda but found that it was fairly flat by the time a significant amount of flavour had been leached out of the dry leaves.

Comments

Fjellrev

keychange

definitely thoughtful of you. Good luck!

ashmanra

sweeTEApie

Tea soda… I’m SO intrigued!

Roswell Strange

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada