Made this for work today. I have lots of it left, so I really should make a better attempt at drinking it down since I’d love to free up the tin it’s in. Maybe I’ll stick it up for swap…

Preparation:

- First cup I used 1 1/2 tsp. of leave steep for 1 1/2 min. in 80 degree celsius water
- For the second cup, I resteeped the leaves using the exact same steep time and temp. of water
- Poured into my 20 oz. water bottle
- Added 1 1/2 tsp. of white sugar since, sadly, this tea needs it to be drinkable

Taste:

- Lukewarm at time of consumption
- Sweet, but not cloying
- Floral notes present SIMILAR to jasmine, but definitely not jasmine…
- Some berry notes
- Very lightly astringent
- White base present, but not overtly

Honestly, this was probably the best I’ve yet to make this. It’s ok as an occasional tea, but not something I want to repurchase.

Have you tried it iced or cold brewed>

Roswell Strange

I’ve made it as a hot tea, and then drank it at work after it was a cold tea (not super awesome) – but haven’t deliberately cold brewed or had it on ice (I don’t actually own an ice cube tray or have the freezer space for bagged ice, so I very rarely have tea on ice: usually I cold brew it or make it as a hot tea and just stick it in the thermos in the freezer for a few hours).

Lala

I find sometimes you get a different flavour profile when you cold brew vs. iced (iced meaning making it hot and then cooling it off with ice or fridge or just letting it sit). I find that cold brewing helps me to get rid of teas faster. But if you don’t like it, you don’t like it. Just an option :)

Roswell Strange

Maybe I’ll try it that way. Sometimes I just have Tre drink the teas I don’t like, since he’s typically too uncomfortable to drink tea when I’m not around and when I am around he usually lets me pick the tea (or goes for Red Velvet Cake, which is his favourite and my least favourite – which works out well). However, he expressedly hates Ice Wine, so I doubt I could get away with serving him this…

Tell him it is concord grape, he he :P

Comments

Lala

Have you tried it iced or cold brewed>

Tell him it is concord grape, he he :P

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada