Made for work today. This was one that I debated having last night when I was stuck between like nine different teas, but I made it today instead because I thought it would be a good flavour contrast to any of my mates (I knew I wanted a mate with me for such a long shift). This is a favourite of mine, and I’m still ecstatic that I have a close to completely full tin to sip away at whenever the mood suits me. Off topic note, but everytime I make this I feel like I should be drinking it along with a cup of Tropicalia. I have no idea why, but whenever I have this tea I associate it with Tropicalia (and vice versa) and whenever I crave this tea I crave Tropicalia too (vice versa again). They really have nothing in common…

Someday I’m just gonna go crazy and mix the two blends together to create some kind of frankenblend. Ugh, how odd would that be? Pina Colada Blueberry Jam? No thank you.

For preparation, I steeped a heaping 1/2 tbsp. in my timolino using boiling water for five minutes. I’m drinking the last few sips of what was left over from work right now, and I’m thinking that (while it’s still good) it probably would have benefitted from another minute (maybe two) of steeping.

Today I found the black base tea to be really strong, but the blueberry to be a bit lighter. I like the days I drink it and it’s got the opposite flavour profile. Still though, very good and reliable tea. It’s one of the only ways I ever consume anything blueberry because I hate the texture of actual blueberries and the taste of artificial blueberries (so this works since it’s the taste of real blueberries without the texture).

Also, about ten minutes before the end of my shift I texted Tre to try and convince him to make me eggs. He said no because he was going out with friends right away, but I got home from work and there was a plate of yummy eggs waiting for me (still hot) made just the way I like them: over easy and without salt or pepper (sometimes I think I have the best roommate, but sometimes he drives me mad too) I’m bringing this up because I’m eating them right now with the last of my timolino full of Blueberry Jam and they’re going together exquisitely. Such a great breakfast combo.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada