Ouch, I just slammed my thumb in between the register drawer and till. In front of a customer too, which was sort of embarrasing (he was very good looking and I was relatively attracted to him).

My preperation of this today was maybe a little haphazard and sloppy, but oh well. I used 1 1/2 tsp. steeping in 6 oz. of boiling water for five minutes, which went fine and was fairly normal. I then realized I didn’t have time before I was supposed to leave to make a second cup to pour into my water bottle so instead of steeping another cup I just poured a few ounces of hot water into the water bottle and then the cup of brewed tea. So I’m thinking this might be fairly watered down today, and truthfully I have no clue how many ounces of additional water I poured in.

I’m drinking this now and it’s at about room temperature. It smells intoxicatingly juicy and nummy, and taste wise it’s not half bad. I don’t know how this would have worked out, but the pear seems to have been watered down and while it smells juicy it’s not quite as flavourful as usual (not surprising). However, the black tea base is just as present as usual. With the way the pear is watered down it tastes kind of perfumey and it’s not sitting too well though. Actually, my stomach actually feels like it’s doing an acrobatics routine.

So, the taste of this one is just kind of adequate, but it’s leaving my sotmach feeling all flippy in a bad way. Dang, this just isn’t Perfect Pear’s day (although I’m thinking it’s my fault because of the sloppy brewing method).

Also, this is tasting note #199! So now I need to be really choosey about what I drink for my 200th tasting note. I feel like it should be fairly special.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada