Usually Blueberry Jam just hits the spot for me, but today it’s just kinda alright. I mean, it’s absolutely not bad and I think I hit a real sweet spot steeping it today (1 1/2 tsp. in my 10 oz. mug – boiling water for 6 minutes) – but I can’t stop thinking of that incredibly creamy and delicious cup of Cranberry Pear I had last night. That cup just put me into an incredible state of relaxation, and I can’t help but want another!

Oh well – I chose to make this for work today, not Cranberry Pear – so I guess I have to live with my choices. I still think this would be awesome sweetened with Maple Syrup or, at the least, some maple agave. Too bad I have neither.

I’ve broken out the banana chips now, and if I sip on this with some banana chips in my mouth too it’s a lot more satisfying.

I don’t know – maybe it’s that I’m drinking it lukewarm? Luke warm is not really my ideal temperature to drink anything: I want just less than piping hot or nice and ice cold. Oh well.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada