For whatever reason, my apartment is just FREEZING right now (or maybe it’s that I just haven’t armed up yet from my excursion outside). That’s making it really easy to drink some of my new teas though, since I just want something hot in my hands at all times. I’ve been meaning to try this for a while now – but I’m always kind of hesitant because it’s a green tea and I know I’m just not a fan of green tea. I almost didn’t order it at all when I put in my order, but it’s so highly rated and I’ve heard so many good things, and ultimately I was too curious to resist trying an eggnog tea.

Dry, I don’t smell eggnog but I DO smell this sort of ridiculously vanilla creamy smell. Basically I’m being reminded smell wise of the French Vanilla double churned extra creamy ice cream that Breyer’s sells. I’m not sure if I really want to be reminded of something so cold when I’m already freezing, but it smells amazing and I’m dying to try it out.

I’m sticking to the package brewing instructions for this one. Honestly, I’m skeptical and hopeful. There are some flavoured greens that I do like, and I’m hoping this will be one of them.

As it’s steeping, the smell is getting incredibly strong and it’s so, so creamy and smooth and silky vanilla smelling. I do get a little bit of the green tea, but it’s not unpleasant either. The closer it gets to four minutes, the more I just want to devour and start drinking this! Mind you, this does not smell like eggnog to me, but it does smell delicious and creamy and wonderful.

Times is up and I’m finally sipping at this now! I did notice the green base right away, but that’s probably because it’s a taste I don’t often like and so I was very alert to it since I was so wary – but it appears I didn’t need to be, because the base tastes fine. Immediately following, I was flooded with what I can only describe as hot, liquid, Breyer’s double churned French vanilla icecream! So smooth, silky, and creamy! I’ve been a little disappointed that this is not more like eggnog, but the delicious taste I just experienced more than makes up for any disappointed I was harbouring. Mmmm, so good!

I guess I’ve found yet another flavoured green I can welcome into my collection. Now, I wonder how well this resteeps…

EDIT: I resteeped this the same way I had made the first cup, but with an extra minute of steep time. However, upon tasting I noticed the vanilla creaminess was significantly damped and the green tea was much more prominent (boo) – so I added some milk to it hoping to bring out the creaminess as taper the vegetal aspects.

And I did just that :)

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada