drank Pink Flamingo by DAVIDsTEA

Mmmm! Vegetarian Hamburger Helper! That’s what I’m making right now for supper, while sipping on this tea! Nothing really new about this one – it’s nice and tart and hibiscus-y like usual, but balanced by the eucalyptus.

Unrelated, for whatever reason the left side of my face spontaneously just went numb about half an hour ago, and I’ve just now noticed that the inside of my cheek/mouth on that side is significantly swollen. Not a clue why, but I’m guessing it’s likely not for a good reason. I’d say it’s the symptoms of an allergy attack, but I know for certain that there aren’t any mushrooms in the house for me to be reacting to.

Semirelated, I got home from work only to find we recieved absolutely no mail today! How shitty is that? That means that not only am I behind on days three and four of the Twelve Days of Christmas exchange, but since tomorrow is Sunday and I don’t have the package for Day 5, I’m gonna be late for that one too! Well balls…

VariaTEA

It sucks about your mail but your “well balls” response made me think of Bobby from Supernatural and that made me laugh

Definitely who I was thinking about :P

VariaTEA

haha Yay for getting the reference!! Also, being on my winter break, I spent a fair bit of time watching the entire series of Parks and Recreation on American netflix and now that that is done, I am seriously considering starting Dr. Who but I fear it will consume my life, thoughts??

Roswell Strange

I started about three weeks ago, and I’m just starting Season 5 now with the 11th Doctor. It’s addictive and really good (but Tre doesn’t need to know that).

VariaTEA

Well I won’t be telling Tre anytime soon so your secret is safe with me :P And I have an addictive personality when it comes to shows (I watched both Lost and Buffy in a month and then watched every single episode of the 5.5 seasons of Parks and Rec in a week) and something tells me Dr. Who would become an obsession very quickly.

Roswell Strange

I loved LOST and Buffy! I watched all of Buffy in a week. I was incredibly sick and ended up stuck in bed for a solid week (I think over the course of the week I got up once a day to use the washroom and that was it). All I did was match episode after episode of Buffy. I actually watched LOST as it was airing, so I had the misfortune of actually having to wait week after week for new episodes, and then months in between for new seasons. So many cliffhangers, and so many unanswered questions :S We appear to have very similar taste in television though, so I’d wager it would definitely become an obsession for you.

VariaTEA

I probably would have binge watched too had school not interfered. Damn school! And I was definitely glad to be watching Lost without having to wait for episode after episode. I imagine that would have been torture.

Comments

VariaTEA

Definitely who I was thinking about :P

VariaTEA

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada