drank Weeping Angel Tea by 52teas
1945 tasting notes

Got home from a long(ish) day. It was the second last day before my Kiosk closes, which means tomorrow is the last one. God, it seems like time has just flown by. Anyway, after tomorrow I’ll be jobless but I’ll also be going on my “vacation” shortly too, which means it’s been kind of hard job hunting because I have to find a job that’ll allow for a delayed start time. Ick. That said, I did manage to apply one other place tonight (a candy store!).

After work, I stopped and had coffee (well, she had coffee and I had white hot chocolate because the place we were at just had green tea) with my friend Kristina who relatively recently moved to the city. Her and her boyfriend professionally do inventory for large companies, so a couple times a month she’s bused do various cities in Canada (so far she’s been sent to Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Alberta) for a couple days at a time and put up in a relatively nice hotel while they’re counting things – namely for grocery stores and stuff like that. Anyway, she told me to apply because I definitely have the qualifications and it pays well, plus it’s spaced out enough I could still hold another job during the week. So, I did – we’ll see how that goes.

And now I’m watching the first set of episodes featuring The Weeping Angels during Matt Smith’s run as the 11th doctor and eating leftovers. I couldn’t resist drinking the Weeping Angels tea while watching Weeping Angels episodes! Plus, I was craving black tea anyway so that just worked out well. I almost went for TARDIS tea just to properly log something new, but Earl Grey is too much of a morning tea for me, and this just fits too perfectly.

Taste wise, this was pretty close to spot on. It was just a bit bitter, but that’s likely my fault for steeping closer to three and half minutes instead of the typical two and a half minute I usually do. Still, the caramel and sticky popcorn feel/taste came across really well regardless. Mmm! I definitely enjoy ‘geeking out’ with my tea while enjoying some good TV.

keychange

Good luck with the swanky job application!

Isaila

Don’t. Blink.

Comments

keychange

Good luck with the swanky job application!

Isaila

Don’t. Blink.

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada