drank Lime Gelato by DAVIDsTEA

This was my other to go tea for my errands/interview today. I’ve read good things about it and about how it’s really good iced or cold, so I asked Janelle for a sample during her tea sale, despite it being a green tea.

I used 2 tsp. of leaf for 10 oz. of water today; boiling steeped for I think five minutes? That was hours ago, and I’ve sort of forgotten at this point.

Hot, it was really gross. The green was super vegetal and grassy and just icky, and the lime tasting artificial and kind of chemical and just really irritated my throat. I drank most of it cold, just because it was so awful hot – and it was significantly better cold. It was a little creamier, but still tasted chemical and irritated the hell out of my throat.

Definitely not a restock but I am thankful I got to try it if only to rule it out. I have enough leaf left for one small cup and I’ve added it to my vacation bag. Maybe I’ll make it for my Dad or something…

Lala

Because it is a green tea, boiling may be too high temp to steep at. I would say try about 180F.

Roswell Strange

That’s what I thought; but Janelle had labelled the steep temp. as significantly higher so I just went with that.

Roswell Strange

(Just checked it on the DAVIDsTEA website – they suggest 94 degrees celsius)

i don’t like a lot of davids teas but this is one of the few i DO like… heh funny how wildly people’s tastes vary.

Comments

Lala

Roswell Strange

(Just checked it on the DAVIDsTEA website – they suggest 94 degrees celsius)

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada