This was the other one I drank while watching Sherlock (HOLY SHIT SO GOOD)! Special thanks to MissB who helped me to acquire my package of this! Even though this episode didn’t have Irene in it at all, it still felt appropriate to be drinking this one…

The dry leaf visually looks to be composed primarily of the rooibos with black tea leaves scattered throughout as well as bits of fruit and the like. The smell is strongly smokey (because of the Lapsang Souchong) with a very subtle background fruitiness – maybe cherry, but not in a pronounced way – and an equally subtle sweet, creaminess to it. It smells complex and intriguing; much like Mrs. Adler, no?

For my preparation I steeped a heaping 1/2 tbsp. measurement of leaf in my 12 oz. timolino using boiling water for somewhere over four minutes and before seven. I was still steeping when the livestream started and I got rather distracted by the show and lost track of my steeping time. The steeped smell is a fair bit more balanced.

Taste wise, it’s perplexing – again quite akin to Irene. There’s a definite smokey quality and taste but it’s not quite as dominating as one would think based purely on the dry smell. The cherry comes through very well and is fairly distinctive “cherry” and not just generically fruity. The vanilla presents as a smooth creamyness that I think is tempering the Lapsang Souchong and tying all the aspects together.

It’s good, sweet and kinda savoury, a complex mystery; the perfect blend for The Woman. Not sure how I feel about it though – I’ll have to revisit and ponder once I’m not sick. After the somewhat complicated process to get here, I am tickled pink that I don’t hate it though!

soo excited for sherlock to come back!

MissB

Yay! So glad you got a chance to try it.

VariaTEA

I started watching the show two days ago only to find out season 3 premiered today (well I guess technically yesterday now) and when I finished the second season I was so glad I could just stream the new one. It would have been torture to wait. I am about 1/2 through the new episode and so far it is really good!!