Made a timolino full of this! I’ve been dying to try it since buying it earlier in the week; dry it smells like sweet, flaky glazed pastry and fresh, juicy apples with the sweet nuttiness of pistachio and a heavily present creaminess as well.

My steeping parameters were 2 tsp. of leaf in my 12 oz. timolino steeped for about five minutes, possibly a little less than that. Steeped the smell was very rich, buttery apple pastry; tons of creaminess in the smell. A little nutty pistachio.

Taste wise and hot, there was a light metallic “tang” and a slightly woody rooibos taste present completely throughout the sip. The apple is lighter than you would expect, and just a little bit taste. It reminds me of green apples. There’s a subtle creaminess present throughout the sip, and a buttery semi-pastry like taste. Just a little pistachio taste – though it is a distinct pistachio taste, and not just a generic nuttiness. I was expecting this to be a little more flavourful; despite what I’ve described this does feel a little muted, like it’s not living up the the full flavour potential it could have.

I also left a cup to sit for a while, which is now stone cold. This way, there’s a much more intense pistachio and cream flavour, with the same light, buttery pastry/apple taste. Medium rooibos flavour with a little bit less of that metallic tang.

So overall, pretty good but I feel like maybe I could have got more out of this taste wise. Next cup I may increased the leaf and see if that brings more flavour out.

Lala

I found this one good with a bit more leaf, and slightly less than boiling water temp.

Comments

Lala

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada