Sipdown (179)!

Darn it – just as I finished my Mint Chocolate Rooibos review I saw that VariaTEA had managed to get in a few more teas tonight. This is my 14th cup of tea today, so I don’t think I can do anymore after this one. Despite a competitive drive, I just don’t think I can manage. Oh well, hopefully a day surrounded by tea tomorrow will yield some more tasting notes.

Anyway, this tea is one of two teas my Dad and Step Mom owned prior to my coming down from vacation. It comes in pyramid satchets and though there’s no information on the ingredients in the packaging, visually it looks like it’s just red rooibos, lemon grass, and cornflower. It has a strong lemon grass smell. I didn’t have any while I was there, but I did take a single satchet home with me to try.

Steeped up in 8 oz. of boiling water for like six minutes? I lose track of time a bit. Steeped smell is strongly lemongrass. And, as far as the taste goes, it’s more just plain old grass…

Ok, maybe that’s a little harsh. It’s more like very wood chippy and kind of medicinal rooibos, lawn trimmings, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Yeah – I think I was right to be harsh. It’s just not that good. I think I’m dumping most of this cup. Sorry Dad, but this is nasty – I’m glad I left some higher quality tea for you to enjoy.

VariaTEA

ahahahaha I shall prevail!! I can do this all night :P By the way, I think I am now officially done adding to your package. Between my swaps going to you and Cavo, I feel happy with the amount of teas I have been able to decrease/get rid of so I won’t be adding more to either of your packages. I plan to go to the post office tomorrow to send them out and I can’t wait for you to receive them. I lost count of how many teas are in there but definitely over 20 (at least they are mostly sample sizes:P).

By the way, you should stop writing tasting notes and go to bed as you need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for your new job tomorrow . Your job that surrounds you with tea. Plus, if you are asleep, I have more time to get ahead :P

Best of luck tomorrow.

MissB

You two are hilarious! :)

Roswell Strange

You’re right – I should go to sleep. Although, I don’t start until noon ;P

VariaTEA

I have no class until Monday at 2:30! Nothing I got to do, nowhere I have to be. I am just going to drink cup after cup after cup. You won’t know what hit you!

Comments

VariaTEA

Best of luck tomorrow.

MissB

You two are hilarious! :)

Roswell Strange

You’re right – I should go to sleep. Although, I don’t start until noon ;P

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada