Made a small amount of this in cold milk. I may have used a bit too much matcha; it’s really strong.

I’m trying to catch up to VariaTEA! Everytime I make a new batch I notice that she’s made more too. Blerg. I think part of it is that I’m accustomed to drinking large amounts at a time though (8 or 10 oz. mugs and a few 12 oz. timolinos full). Smaller cups would allow me to get through more tea quicker…

VariaTEA

haha I like how you are devising strategy now. I typically sit in my room however I decided this morning I could make tea faster if I sat in the kitchen by the kettle. Thus I am sitting at my kitchen table doing work and as my cups get low, I start the kettle.

MissB

Heh. I’m trying to catch up to you two… and doing the same thing. Brewing as I get low, and small cups as well. ;)

Roswell Strange

Part of what’s driving me crazy is my tooth too – I’m in so much pain right now that it’s getting incredibly hard for me to drink anything because of the sensitivity. But, I have no idea how to go about finding a dentist and, even if I did find one, no way to pay them.

Roswell Strange

Right now I’m in too much pain to physically eat or drink anything, so if that doesn’t let up then I may have to humbly bow out of our competition – despite the fact I’d love to continue. Like, it’s so bad and I’m so close to being broke that I’m currently googling how to pull your own tooth, and if that doesn’t yield satisfying results then my pay from my day at Tea Desire may go towards some alcohol to numb the area.

VariaTEA

My brother once decided to yank a tooth out with pliers. I DO NOT recommend it. There has to be a way you can get in to see a dentist.

VariaTEA

Also don’t do anything that will put you in pain. Especially not something for a silly competition. I hope you feel better soon!

Comments

VariaTEA

MissB

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually nearly two years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada