drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

Guess what guys – it’s finally happening! I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to get all my stupid mouth pains fixed!!! YAY!

Anyway, I steeped this up for morning tea – finally! I’ve wanted to try it forever because it just sounds amazing, but I’ve been sort of putting it off because I have a limited amount and what if I just love it and then can’t get anymore!? However, VariaTEA sent me a fairly large amount of it in our last swap so I decided to finally give it a go. The leaf I’m using right now actually came from BrewTEAlly Sweet as part of her tea stash sale, though.

My steeping parameters were 1 1/2 tsp. of leaf in 8 oz. of boiling water, steeped for six minutes. Dry the leaf smells kinda sweet but not really melony, and steeped up the smell is faintly melon with sort of bubble gum notes?

Taste wise? Ughhh…

That is mouth wateringly juicy! I actually really truly taste the honeydew! Which is awesome because I love honeydew! I hardly ever got to have it growing up because no one else in my family liked it. Sometimes we got watermelon which was ok because that’s my favourite melon (Honeydew is number two), but usually we got Cantaloupe which is my least favourite melon.

In addition to juicy honeydew flavours, I get a very subtle earthiness from the mate and an almost equally subtle taste of the green rooibos. There’s also bubblegum-esque notes. I’m not really sure what white hibiscus blossoms are supposed to taste like – the only other thing I’ve had them in was DT’s Buddha’s Blend and I really dislike that one. However, I don’t taste anything reminiscent of that mess of a tea at all (yay).

So overall – super impressed! I really hope this comes back with the spring collection (pretty sure that’s where it’s from) so I can get more of it. I can totally see this being my go to mate for early mornings over Main Squeeze which is also a favourite. Next up will be cold brewing this one because I’ve heard it’s good that way.

__Morgana__

Yay for fixed mouth pain!

caile

That’s great! Hope all goes well tomorrow!

VariaTEA

I am so happy to read about the dentist!! Now I will scroll up and continue reading the rest

I am glad you liked it!!

Shmiracles

wow okay, i might order this next time. i don’t drink mate but 2 of my very best people do. so i always buy them some mate when i hear of a good one. so hooray yes

Comments

__Morgana__

Yay for fixed mouth pain!

caile

That’s great! Hope all goes well tomorrow!

I am glad you liked it!!

Shmiracles

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada