Does anyone remember the TV Mini Series The 10th Kingdom? I remember first watching the DVD set when I was like 12, maybe? I decided yesterday that in between job hunting I’m going to rewatch the whole thing, and I’ve just absolutely fallen in love with it, again! I had the biggest crush on Wolf my first time watching it, and I have to admit I still find him pretty attractive this time around, lol. Although, I totally get more of the innuendo/adult humor now…

Anyway, this was breakfast tea #2! For whatever reason I’ve developed a minor “quirk” if you will where I’ll only ever reach for an Earl Grey/Bergamot heavy tea during the earliest part of my day. I’m not sure why, but I seem to only crave that flavour as a “breakfast” sort of tea.

I actually have two samples of this, one purchased from Shadowfall and one given to me from MissB. This particular cup comes from Shadowfall’s sample. My parameters were 1 1/2 tsp. of leaf in 8 oz. of boiling water, steeped for about 6 minutes (it may have been a little less than that). As far as the dry smell goes, I just smell a sweet Earl Grey, and steeped up it smells like a very light on the Bergamot Earl.

Taste wise, I was right about the Bergamot being pretty light. Like, it’s there and if you were just picking up a mug of this without knowing what it was, you would totally be able to taste and identify the Bergamot – it’s not that light. It’s not just too heavy or bold. Personally, I kinda like that. I also really get a sense of the vanilla in the mix. There is an additional fruitiness to the tea, but if I wasn’t reading “Blackberry” from the ingredients list then I would have no idea that’s what it was. I think many people have encountered that.

So overall, it’s a really nice light Earl Grey but I don’t get Blackberry notes from it. That said, I’m going to quite happily finish off my sample(s) and if I had an easy way (curse Adagio’s outrageous shipping prices to Canada) to get more, I think I would over some of the other EGs I have – partially because of the taste and partially because of the namesake ;)

__Morgana__

I tend to be the same way with Earl Grey. Start with it and move to lighter stuff from there. Which is interesting because it’s exactly the opposite of how I’ve been taught to taste wines, for example. There, you typically drink the lightest first and move on to heavier stuff.

Uniquity

I think you are my soul mate. I adored The Tenth Kingdom (I think I was 13 at the time). I have it on VHS, also I have the book and it on my computer as well because I too had the idea to re-watch it recently. I had quite the crush on Wolf and waited desperately for them to make another. The rumour ‘round the internet is that they couldn’t afford to pay the same cast for Part Two so they scrapped it.

Meliboum

The 10th Kingdom was such a great mini series ! I think all the girls who watched it were a bit in love with Wolf… me included ! Now you’re making me want to watch it again. And soon ! :)

Roswell Strange

I just finished the part with the Peeps and the magic well, and is it wrong that I both found Wolf’s whimpering for Virginia to believe he was innocent pathetic and also very hot? D:

Uniquity

How I long to linger/On your sweetheart’s finger!

Ughhh – I hate the singing pearl ring! So annoying D:

Dinosara

10th kingdom represent! I had the VHS, the soundtrack and the book (I think they came in a box set?). I loved it so much. I still refer to “eighty-onest street” on occasion!

Roswell Strange

Ha, it’s so much longer than I remember it being. I feel like I may need to take a break soon because I’ve been going non-stop since getting up, but I just ended on a cliff hanger! D:

Roswell Strange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDc-qWScr4 That’s where I am right now! The opening/closing song is so stuck in my head and I think I’m pissing my roommate off because I keep belting it out as loud as I can each time it comes on. I’m so happy people knew what I was talking about, though!

moraiwe

I remember marathon-ing it at a slumber party with some amazing friends in high school. We started at 11:30 at night and watched straight through. nostalgic sigh It actually came up relatively recently that we watch it again and this isn’t helping.

Comments

__Morgana__

Meliboum

Uniquity

How I long to linger/On your sweetheart’s finger!

Ughhh – I hate the singing pearl ring! So annoying D:

Dinosara

moraiwe

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada