So, about a month (maybe more like two months) ago I went on a “I have no lemon tea options in my cupboard, so lets buy ALL the lemon teas” kick and I ended up getting like six or seven new lemon based teas – though this one was actually picked out for me during a DAVIDsTEA trip with a non-tea drinking friend who thought it smelled really nice.

I’m just now getting around to trying the sample amount I picked out and I have to say it does smell pretty lovely: like lemon drops with maybe a little orange and vanilla?

I steeped up 1 1/2 tsp. of it in 8 oz. of boiling water for four minutes and the smell is a 50/50 mix. of smooth black base and lemon rind. Taste wise, there’s definitely no vanilla here. Mostly, I taste the same 50/50 black base and lemon rind/peel – but that’s no so bad. I’m mostly just thankful that it doesn’t taste like Pledge and isn’t a cup of ungodly tartness.

I bet this would be a good sick tea…

keychange

It’s too bad there isn’t any vanilla in the taste-that would be perfect!

Cavocorax

Hahah. I love how we all go through periods like that with certain flavours. I did that with pumpkin teas!

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, I’d love a creamy lemon vanilla tea, kind of like H&S’s Wedding tea, but with a black base.

Roswell Strange

I don’t even know why it was with lemon tea, because I’m actually usually not a fan of lemon flavoured things. I can go months without even the slightest craving for something lemon, and then when I do want it, I want it baaaadddd. Now I have at least one lemon tea in every tea type except Pu’Erh, and maybe green?

VariaTEA

I can send you the last of Lemon Tart if you like, then you can add a lemon green to your collection :P

Roswell Strange

I certainly don’t need more lemon tea – but I’ll keep it in mind for our next inevitable swap ;) Perhaps it’d cold brew well.

VariaTEA

It didn’t :( However, I have a green called Strawberry Field which cold brewed pretty nicely. It was like a pleasant strawberry/papaya juice.

Though that won’t fulfill your lemon green criteria

OMGsrsly

Oh hey. Maybe I’ll mix this with the vanilla tea I have and cold brew it!

Comments

keychange

It’s too bad there isn’t any vanilla in the taste-that would be perfect!

Cavocorax

Fjellrev

Though that won’t fulfill your lemon green criteria

OMGsrsly

Oh hey. Maybe I’ll mix this with the vanilla tea I have and cold brew it!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada