So, about a month (maybe more like two months) ago I went on a “I have no lemon tea options in my cupboard, so lets buy ALL the lemon teas” kick and I ended up getting like six or seven new lemon based teas – though this one was actually picked out for me during a DAVIDsTEA trip with a non-tea drinking friend who thought it smelled really nice.

I’m just now getting around to trying the sample amount I picked out and I have to say it does smell pretty lovely: like lemon drops with maybe a little orange and vanilla?

I steeped up 1 1/2 tsp. of it in 8 oz. of boiling water for four minutes and the smell is a 50/50 mix. of smooth black base and lemon rind. Taste wise, there’s definitely no vanilla here. Mostly, I taste the same 50/50 black base and lemon rind/peel – but that’s no so bad. I’m mostly just thankful that it doesn’t taste like Pledge and isn’t a cup of ungodly tartness.

I bet this would be a good sick tea…

keychange

It’s too bad there isn’t any vanilla in the taste-that would be perfect!

Cavocorax

Hahah. I love how we all go through periods like that with certain flavours. I did that with pumpkin teas!

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, I’d love a creamy lemon vanilla tea, kind of like H&S’s Wedding tea, but with a black base.

Roswell Strange

I don’t even know why it was with lemon tea, because I’m actually usually not a fan of lemon flavoured things. I can go months without even the slightest craving for something lemon, and then when I do want it, I want it baaaadddd. Now I have at least one lemon tea in every tea type except Pu’Erh, and maybe green?

VariaTEA

I can send you the last of Lemon Tart if you like, then you can add a lemon green to your collection :P

Roswell Strange

I certainly don’t need more lemon tea – but I’ll keep it in mind for our next inevitable swap ;) Perhaps it’d cold brew well.

VariaTEA

It didn’t :( However, I have a green called Strawberry Field which cold brewed pretty nicely. It was like a pleasant strawberry/papaya juice.

Though that won’t fulfill your lemon green criteria

OMGsrsly

Oh hey. Maybe I’ll mix this with the vanilla tea I have and cold brew it!

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

keychange

It’s too bad there isn’t any vanilla in the taste-that would be perfect!

Cavocorax

Fjellrev

Though that won’t fulfill your lemon green criteria

OMGsrsly

Oh hey. Maybe I’ll mix this with the vanilla tea I have and cold brew it!

Please keep things friendly and .

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada