Sipdown (207)!

One of the side effects from the pain meds. I’m on for my mouth is sleepiness/drowsiness – and I think I’m probably experiencing that right now because I slept a sound, uninterrupted 12 hours last night and now keep drifting in and out of sleep for weird 10 minute periods of time.

I think this is one time I can say “Thank God I don’t have a job” because can you imagine that at work? Probably not the best thing ever…

Anyway, I had a hell of a hard time getting this to come up in the search bar today…

Stubborn tea is stubborn, I guess.

Taste wise, this was a pleasant taste surprise with an unpleasant textual experience. Despite there being only one white chocolate drop in the leaf I used (as opposed to the three in the last cup I made), I actually got a very rich 50/50 rooibos and white chocolate taste! It was great! The downside was that the mouthfeel of this was incredibly waxy and gross…

Anyway, thanks for the same VariaTEA – it was an experience, that’s for sure.

EDIT: Just noticing now that this is supposed to have mint in it? That’s the last thing I would have guessed as an ingredient…

VariaTEA

That is weird. At least it is gone now.

Comments

VariaTEA

That is weird. At least it is gone now.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada