I really wanted to join in on the Nina’s Japon excitement (I, too, recieved a sample from the lovely VariaTEA) but since I’ve felt a little uneasy today I thought I’d wait until my stomach was more settled so as to have a better experience.

So, that’s where this comes in. It’s still a green which I was semi-oddly craving (very out of character, I know), with ginger to maybe calm my stomach? I’m sad to say I’ve kind of forgotten I even had this, and so haven’t been drinking it often which I really should because I do enjoy it a lot. I think part of why I neglect it is because it’s A) Green and B) Has ginger, which are two of my least favourite tea things right up there with raisins.

Anyway, I drank it hot today when I normally drink it cold instead. It was pretty good – lots of ginger/spearmint/vegetal green taste and not a ton of strawberry, but then again I forgot to shake up the tin and don’t recall seeing many (if any) strawberry pieces in the leaf I used, so they’ve probably just all sunk to the bottom of the tin.

I should drink this more often.

Courtney

Japon is amazing! I hope you feel better soon so you can also enjoy it. :)

VariaTEA

I saw “Strawberry Zest” and my name and was like “I didn’t send this” but then I read and realized it was about Nina’s Japon. I hope you feel better soon and think it was a good idea to wait. It is a tasty tea so you will probably want to taste it properly.

Comments

Courtney

Japon is amazing! I hope you feel better soon so you can also enjoy it. :)

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada