Third (late) morning/breakfast cup – this time prepared as tea soda. Sadly I’m going to be out of this soon, which is just awful because I love it so much! When I eventually break hiatus I’ll place a giant Red Leaf order and pick up more.

I used 1 tsp. of matcha to flavour a full can of Club Soda. No sweetner – this doesn’t really need it. I believe (I always forget) that this is distinct flavouring? Either VariaTEA or Sil should remind me.

Also, the carbonation is totally doing its part to wake me up! Yay for that! I’m also happy to report, I think I’ve finally gotten over the whole ‘drinking flavours that aren’t meant to be green’ thing so I no longer have to drink my matcha in solid water bottles and pretend I’m not, for example, drinking green eggnog. Also yay for that!

VariaTEA

Yeah, this one is distinctive.

Kat_Maria

Does the strike through that sentence mean that you gave in and just placed that giant order? ;D

Roswell Strange

Thankfully it does not! If I wasn’t unemployed, I’m sure I would have – but for now my cart sits ;)

roswell..if you’re itching to try more flavours, give me a poke later on. I have a bunch of matcha i need to get around to sharing with ppl because it’ll take me forever to drink up

Comments

VariaTEA

Yeah, this one is distinctive.

Kat_Maria

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually nearly two years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada