I think I might cry. I’ve been having a really, really bad month.

Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a virus scan, so I force restarted it. Except, when the computer restarted it didn’t really restart… Instead what shows up is:

Reboot and Select Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Tre says that means my hard drive has failed, and that I need to go in and have it repaired. I guess I’ve lost all my information for the last nearly two years, since it wasn’t backed up. I just can’t handle all this fucking stress – and I have no idea what the cost is going to be for a new hard drive, but it’ll probably be a fair bit and on top of all the dentist costs I have, I doubt I can afford it. Like, WHAT THE FUCK. There was no warning – what the hell caused it to crash? I really wish I was technologically inclined because I need my laptop.

Anyway, at least there wasn’t a whole lot important on my computer anyway. I didn’t have iTunes or any meaningful pictures, no downloaded games or really much of anything. The one thing that comes to mind is my resume, but I actually have that saved in my email and sent to Tre…

Thank God I have an interview tomorrow, so fingers crossed I’ll set a good impression and get hired because I could really, really use an income right now.

So anyway, I’m using Tre’s laptop for now while he’s at school – but likely am not going to have regular internet use for awhile so don’t expect me to be on Steepster as often, sadly.

I think I’ve said it a million times this month in between all the unfortunate happenings, but at least I have tea in the mean time to hold me over. Tea is reliable, and it doesn’t tend to spontaneously crash on you.

keychange

My gosh. When it rains it pours. I had the exact same thing happen to my computer several months ago, and it was fixed for just under 200 dollars. And by fixed I mean that a new hard drive was installed and the computer was reformatted. Uggh. I hope the job interview goes well. Hang in there.

Rosehips

Aww! I’m sorry things suck right now. Best of luck on your job interview. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Roswell Strange

The only two things I think I’m really worried about not having – which are actually relatively trivial, are my master spreadsheet for all my tea and then the master spreadsheet for all my Pokemon games. It’s not that they’re irreplaceable or anything, it was just a lot of hard work and time put into them. But if the interview doesn’t go well, I was using the computer to find job listing/apply places.

caile

VariaTEA

That really sucks, Roswell Strange. I am so sorry to hear that. At least there was not anything TOO important lost. Hopefully everything works out in the interview tomorrow and things start turning around soon.

TeaBrat

yes, good luck with everything…

Veronica

Best of luck tomorrow! I’m sorry things have been so rotten lately. :(

TheTeaFairy

So sorry, fingers crossed for you. Good luck and yes, keep tea close by at all time…

boychik

Good luck

tigress_al

That sucks, the same thing happened to me not too long ago, and I lost some pictures that I didn’t have saved anywhere else yet :(
Good luck tomorrow!

Comments

keychange

Rosehips

Roswell Strange

caile

VariaTEA

TeaBrat

yes, good luck with everything…

Veronica

Best of luck tomorrow! I’m sorry things have been so rotten lately. :(

TheTeaFairy

boychik

Good luck

tigress_al

Good luck tomorrow!

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada