I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it’s just being pulled in so many directions right now and I’m so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my ‘two new daily teas’, or at least start on that so I pulled this one out over my Jasmine Silver Needles. Since I’m not sure if I’ll have regular computer access for awhile I think I’m going to review as many new things as possible today – not just the daily two I’ve been working towards.

Anyway, this was a Christmas gift from my friend Robyn, and dry it smells very pleasant despite being green. It definitely smells like a sweeter jasmine tea. My parameters for the cup were 1 heaping tsp. for 10 oz. of near 80 degree Celsius water, steeped for about three minutes and steeped up it smells lightly of Jasmine.

Taste wise, the green base is hardly present at all which I like a lot. However, there’s also some bitterness to the tea but maybe that would be preventable with a shorter steep time. The jasmine is sweet and relaxing, and only just touches the “perfume” level of floral – without really diving into that area. So overall, I think this is pretty good and I’m sure I’ll finish it up without too many problems.

I doubt I’d restock, just because I prefer the Jasmine Silver Needle tea I have – and I do have a lot of it.

I hope the calming effect of Jasmine helped you :-)

This tea does better with less steep time. I think I steeped my cup for 2.5 mins.

I hope the calming effect of Jasmine helped you :-)

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada