I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it’s just being pulled in so many directions right now and I’m so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my ‘two new daily teas’, or at least start on that so I pulled this one out over my Jasmine Silver Needles. Since I’m not sure if I’ll have regular computer access for awhile I think I’m going to review as many new things as possible today – not just the daily two I’ve been working towards.

Anyway, this was a Christmas gift from my friend Robyn, and dry it smells very pleasant despite being green. It definitely smells like a sweeter jasmine tea. My parameters for the cup were 1 heaping tsp. for 10 oz. of near 80 degree Celsius water, steeped for about three minutes and steeped up it smells lightly of Jasmine.

Taste wise, the green base is hardly present at all which I like a lot. However, there’s also some bitterness to the tea but maybe that would be preventable with a shorter steep time. The jasmine is sweet and relaxing, and only just touches the “perfume” level of floral – without really diving into that area. So overall, I think this is pretty good and I’m sure I’ll finish it up without too many problems.

I doubt I’d restock, just because I prefer the Jasmine Silver Needle tea I have – and I do have a lot of it.

TheTeaFairy

I hope the calming effect of Jasmine helped you :-)

Tuscanteal

This tea does better with less steep time. I think I steeped my cup for 2.5 mins.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

I hope the calming effect of Jasmine helped you :-)

Tuscanteal

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada