Well, I’m back to sobbing like a baby – but this time because I just finished watching Chuck (finally done the series!) and it was really emotional and made me a blubbering mess. Also, I hate that ending! Fuck open endings – I want happy conclusions!

Anyway, I made two new teas to drink with the last episode and this was one. Sample is courtesy of VariaTEA. This is something I was curious about, but not enough so to have bought for myself – so getting a sample of it was great. Dry, it smells a little like peanut butter and has a sort of sour “tang” to it that I imagine is intended to be the cheesecake.

For steeping parameters, I went with just shy of 2 tsp. in 10 oz. of boiling water. I’m not sure how long this was steeped, but it was a while. At least five minutes.

Taste wise, at first I wasn’t getting a whole lot. A little bit of very light chocolate and peanut butter flavour, and a sort of peppery taste from the honeybush. Then, the more I drank the more flavour I got. The honeybush lost the peppery quality it had, and the peanut butter got a bit more intense, though the chocolate stayed about the same. I also started to pick up a tangy and almost sour flavour in the aftertaste which would be the “cheesecake”. The colder the tea got, the stronger I found both the cheesecake and peanut butter notes to be, so that by the end of the cup I would say that, yes, this was a cheesecake tea (especially in the aftertaste).

I’m quite happy I have one, maybe two, more cups of this because it did get a whole bunch better by the end of the cup. My mind isn’t made up yet about whether I’d want more, so I’m glad to have a few more cups to decide that as well. In any case, I’d have to wait for a reblend and I’d want my cupboard to be more under control.

Thanks, VariaTEA!

VariaTEA

I will have to let this cool a bit because I was not overly impressed with it. Also, I started watching Chuck but then got distracted by Covert Affairs. Perhaps I should return to Chuck.

Roswell Strange

Only watch it if you’re ok with becoming way too emotionally involved with the characters – because I’m just so heart broken right now. D:

VariaTEA

haha. I will keep that in mind.

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

VariaTEA

haha. I will keep that in mind.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada