This was the other tea I drank while finishing Chuck, also from VariaTEA. I know Keychange is planning on sending me some, which is why I didn’t request any in the swap this came in, though VariaTEA was very kind and through it in as one of the many extras. Since there’s more on the way, I really hoped I liked it!

I’ll be honest, it smells very good – nice black base, burnt caramel notes and marshmallow cream (yes, there is a difference between marshmallows and marshmallow cream). I was a little skeptical about the taste, since I wasn’t a fan of Della Terra’s S’mores, which seems a little similar in that they both exploit marshmallow as a key flavour.

My parameters for this mug were 1 1/2 tsp. of tea in 8 oz. of boiling water, steeped for about four minutes. Hot, this tasted very strongly of burnt caramel and the black base with light touches of marshmallow – it was pretty good. But, cold is where this is at! For whatever reason, once this gets cooler the marshmallow flavour is seriously kicked up so it’s more like drinking a cup of sweet, liquefied marshmallow goo with background notes of caramel. Very sweet, but not cloying, and super yummy/creamy!

As a bonus, the aftertaste sticks around for a really nice long time, so it’s easier to draw out the time it takes to drink the cup and really enjoy it.

Thank you VariaTEA – it appears I had no reason to be skeptical, this was delightful. I’m happy there’s more on the way.

VariaTEA

Yay! Glad you liked it.

Yvonne

I can’t wait to try this!

Suziqzer

Thinking next time I order Della Terra I will be able to talk myself into a sampler… Might have to add this one after reading your note. :)

keychange

Great! You get the rest of this then haha.

Comments

VariaTEA

Yay! Glad you liked it.

Yvonne

I can’t wait to try this!

Suziqzer

keychange

Great! You get the rest of this then haha.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada