Thank you VariaTEA for providing me with so much of this one! I enjoyed sipping at it late Tuesday night while watching the newest Supernatural episode! It was sweet and yummy with cream cheese icing and everything.

Also what the frick frack was up with that episode! I watched it with Tre and we were just both in emotional turmoil over all the Garth stuff (he was too cute when he was angry/all wolfy) and then the fucking ending! AUIegdpISFCNBPdisgv! Plus of course Norse Mythology, which I love!

While I was out yesterday afternoon I may have went birthday card shopping and picked VariaTEA up a birthday card. Nothing expensive because I’m broke as balls, but still…

Haha I might be planning a surprise birthday package…shhhh

Also the end of the episode broke my heart a little

Yvonne

Oooh, I’ve seen this one in stores before. Thinking of picking it up!

Roswell Strange

God, I was SO bored without my computer, and then I think Tre noticed how mopey I was and offered to let me watch the new episode with him. It took me all day yesterday to remember I have Netflix on my 3DS, so I started watching Archer.

VariaTEA

Haha Archer. I watched some of that but then ended up rewatching supernatural instead :P. Yay for Tre letting you watch together!

Cavocorax

Have you guys seen Bob’s Burgers? Bob is voiced by Archer which is freaking hilarious. Also S3 of Archer was pretty great.

VariaTEA

I have an insane obsession with burgers. I have said this about many things I realize but burgers is definitely number one. My friends have even called me Burger More and typically give me Burger themed gifts. In fact when my friends talk about their favourite foods they call it “their burger” so I can grasp how much they like it. With all that said, I have never actually seen Bob’s Burgers which is a bit of a shame I think.

VariaTEA

Also while on the topic of burgers, if you have not already, you need to go to Burger’s Priest!!

Roswell Strange

I’ve seen a few episodes – totally didn’t make the voice actor connection, though. Now when I watch tonight after Tre’s claimed his laptop back I imagine that’s all I’ll be thinking about :C

Cavocorax

Burger’s Priest? Where the heck is that?
We found a good burger place on Yonge – Golden Star? Pretty good!

And watch it! If you like Archer. you might like it. The kids in that show are what make it so hilarious.

And sorry Roswell – that can be a little… disconcerting.

VariaTEA

There is a few downtown but I go to one up Yonge past York Mills. It is more expensive than Golden Star but so amazingly delicious. Plus they have a secret menu on their website with special burgers that are not listed in store and they act like they don’t know what you are talking about if you don’t name what you want. It is quite fun. I like the Priest burger or the Pope burger which is their regular burger and vegetarian option. So good!

hmmmmm burgers…

Comments

VariaTEA

Haha I might be planning a surprise birthday package…shhhh

Also the end of the episode broke my heart a little

Yvonne

Oooh, I’ve seen this one in stores before. Thinking of picking it up!

Cavocorax

Burger’s Priest? Where the heck is that?
We found a good burger place on Yonge – Golden Star? Pretty good!

And sorry Roswell – that can be a little… disconcerting.

hmmmmm burgers…

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada