I have this thing where, even if I’m thinking about not doing it, I always type “eggnong” the first time I try to write it. Without fail. It’s even gotten to the point where I’ll say “Eggnong” aloud when mentioning it as a little inside joke with myself. Tre’s questioned it a few times…

Anyway, I was planning on Love Tea #7 but my tea twin VariaTEA had just finished a round of love inspired teas so I aborted mission and drastically changed what I was making to white/green teas. That’s why my water was a little too hot for Big Apple. I was a bit more patient for this cup, though – so it’s not bitter. Yay for that!

Definitely a very rich, creamy vanilla ice cream tea – although not really a true eggnog flavour. I like it a lot though, and when I go to resteep Big Apple I’ll probably do a resteep of this one too.

VariaTEA

Haha I am glad you at least enjoyed the teas you aborted your original plans for.

Courtney

Eggnong :P

AnnaEA

ooooo. I have a sample of this, I think I’ll need to pull it out later today.

Comments

VariaTEA

Courtney

Eggnong :P

AnnaEA

ooooo. I have a sample of this, I think I’ll need to pull it out later today.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually nearly two years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada