drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

Whoa the new format is super weird. I mean, I’m sure I’ll adjust but it’s just SO MANY changes all at once. Maybe what’s bothering me the most is the weird new font? But lots of differences and such…

Anyway, this steeped up surprisingly weak tonight so I actually added some milk to give it the depth and creaminess it was lacking. I hate when I need to do that to a tea to make it good as opposed to doing it to add to an already good tea. This was (is?) a favourite (like, top 5 teas ever) of mine, so hopefully it’s just a bad cup and not that my tastes have really changed so much?

Flavors: Coconut

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Starfevre

You’re the first note on my board in the new format and I find this very very interesting. I like most of the changes, except the font.

Courtney

Haha the font was what I noticed fist, thinking “okay, okay”. Then I went to search a tea. Oh my the changes.

See, I like the font change :)

Roswell Strange

And, posting this on the right note: I couldn’t figure out how to “add” flavours. Coconut was the only one I wanted that was there. I was also looking for apple and pineapple :/

Roswell Strange

Also, I attempted to mark down: “1.5” tsp. but I guess it rejected that?

Going to have to drink something to check out the new note features

VariaTEA

Haha the font is what got me too.

Isaila

I just logged on and was really surprised by the new format. It’s kinda cool I guess.
This was the first tea I ever had from Davids… I think I was locked out of my house :)

Comments

Starfevre

Courtney

See, I like the font change :)

Roswell Strange

Also, I attempted to mark down: “1.5” tsp. but I guess it rejected that?

Going to have to drink something to check out the new note features

VariaTEA

Haha the font is what got me too.

Isaila

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada