reviewed David's Mason Jar by DAVIDsTEA

I figured I’d finally add the teaware I own that’s already in the database to my cupboard and post reviews or whatever. That seems like maybe a thing I should do. I admit, it does weird me out that it’ll get counted as part of my cupboard now, though.

Does that bother other people at all? When you tell people the number of teas in your cupboard do you just mentally keep track of what is and isn’t teaware and subtract that from your total? Am I just totally over thinking things? It’s probably that last one, right?

Anyway, as I’ve made sure to point out (because credit is due where credit is due) this was an amazing, unprompted and totally unexpected gift from that absolutely fucking amazing Keychange who was just too damn thoughtful for her own good. Being a gift, I really have no right to complain about it – but regardless (and also thankfully) there really is zero to complain about.

Visually, this is just BEAUTIFUL and it really lets you see and enjoy your tea (the first clear glass brewing mug/device/whatever you want to call it) I’ve owned. In addition to that, it has a massive brew basket which is just great for steeping (I feel like this will often be used for oolongs, now) and which I’ve already found handy for sipdowns and decreasing the quantity of tea I have lots of leaf for. A word of caution, however, you should probably know that the tea you’re making is one you like because you’re going to be drinking lots of it ;)

Well, that or don’t fill it to capacity.

But, speaking of capacity this is great! I often dislike that my timolinos are only 12 oz. (slightly more than the largest mugs in the house) because if I want to sit and drink something straight through a TV episode or movie I’m likely going to run out of something to drink. Not the case anymore! I can also seeing this being a benefit to road trips (thinking of the drive between Saskatoon and Regina) or long outings (though I haven’t yet tested how leak proof this is).

Since opening it, it practically hasn’t left my hands – except for now while it’s in the fridge. I’m currently cold brewing in it because it’s basically the perfect thing to cold brew in because A) it’s the right size can you say great for the summer and B) it’ll be so easy to just pull the strainer out instead of manually straining it. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, but my nice strainer was left in Regina when I was there in January, so it’s been hectic straining my cold brews recently.

Just, overall I am very impressed.

10/10 – Would TOTALLY recommend.

keychange

I am so so so so happy you love it, roswell! and you can totally complain about it when/if you ever notice any problems—speaking of credit, I didn’t design it LOL (although honestly, whoever did is friggin incredible).

Comments

keychange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada