So, I’m just going to put this out there because I know this is an amazing community of people and I thought someone here might be able to help me out. For those who only care about the tea reviews, I’m sorry but I’m not really going to talk about this one at all so feel free to skip over my tasting note/review.

Groundhog’s Day is a really, really difficult time for me as well as the day after because it marks a pretty significant and difficult passing for me. It’s the anniversary of my cousin Luke’s death. However, I grew up with him my whole life and he was the closest family I’ve ever had – it would be more accurate, in my eyes, to call him a brother. It may be a horrible thing to say, but I was closer to him than my own brother.

The thing is, every time this day comes around I get really frustrated with the lack of closure I have and I always seem to “re-investigate” certain things. It’s very important to me that I find his obituary and the plot he was buried in, but I can never find this information because there was not much reported about his death (for reasons I’ll explain a little later) and he lived in London, Ontario at the time of his passing, which is not where I live so I can’t exactly go searching through archives and wasn’t really ‘around’ at the time it happened.

The reason there was hardly anything reported was because his death was a suicide and the typical news policy regarding suicides is to not report anything publicly for fear it will inspire others to commit suicide in the same means. Additionally, he was only 17 so his name wouldn’t have been released regardless since he was a minor.

I would ask his father (his mother is deceased) about these things, but that’s problematic in and of itself because after Luke’s passing he stopped what little communication he had with our family to begin with, and since we’ve not heard once from him personally. The last we heard was from a student doing research on Luke’s mother who had been contacted by my uncle. Luke’s mother, Cheryl Hohner, was murdered when Luke was very young and the case is a very famous one because at the time she was murdered she was pregnant so they sought to press charges for both her murder and the unborn child’s murder.

The student who contacted us told us that my Uncle, Len, was apparently in and out of mental hospitals (He’s schizophrenic) and was living on the streets. So ultimately, I can’t contact him for information.

It’s very important to me that I find his obituary, should he have one, and where he was buried so that some day I can visit his resting site. So I guess what I’m ultimately getting at/asking is if anyone from the Ontario area remembers hearing anything anything regarding his death or would maybe (and I know it’s asking a lot) would be able to search Ontario obituaries better than I can on the internet? I’ve scoured the internet for any kind of information, but ultimately can’t find anything.

This information may be helpful so I’m just going to leave it here:

- Luke Jeremy Hohner
- November 3rd 1992 to February 2nd 2010
- Father: Lenard Hohner
- Mother: Cheryl Hohner (Died Dec. 26th 1996)
- Born in London, Ont. and passed away in London, Ont.
- Killed by an oncoming train

Thank you to everyone who read that all the way through, and I realize it’s a lot to ask for help but it’s something I needed to post/share as I continue to search.

Nxtdoor

Omg. Heartbreaking.

AnnaEA

I know some genealogy research tricks, so I’ll poke around, see what I can turn up. I know how you feel. I’ve lost several family members to suicide.

__Morgana__

So sorry to hear about this. I hope you find the answers you’re looking for.

tigress_al

I am so sorry to hear your story, it is heartbreaking. I can’t help you but I hope someone else can and you can finally find closure for the death of your cousin.

VariaTEA

I am so sorry. This makes me wish I was in Toronto so I could help you.

Lala

Sorry to hear about your loss. My suggestion for finding out more info would be to find the funeral home that provided services for your cousin. They would have all the records for where his plot is, as well as any copies of obituary, eulogies, etc. You might just have to make a few phone calls based on how many businesses are in the area.
Another option would be to write your own obituary for him. It is never too late to publish something either online, in your local newspaper or in the newspaper of the city he was from.

Comments

Nxtdoor

Omg. Heartbreaking.

AnnaEA

__Morgana__

So sorry to hear about this. I hope you find the answers you’re looking for.

tigress_al

VariaTEA

I am so sorry. This makes me wish I was in Toronto so I could help you.

Lala

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada