So, I was frustrated this wouldn’t come up in the search bar. In fact, nothing was showing up in the search bar so I went to look to see if I had misspelled something and instead of typing Pomegranate Oolong I definitely entered in “VariaTEA”.

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample sachets. Next cup will be a sipdown, so I may take advantage of that and make it sooner rather than later.

Dry this definitely gives off a very floral scent and all a pretty strong scent of pomegranate – though if I was smelling it blindly I may mistake it for a muddled raspberry. Taste wise, this is definitely floral and a greener oolong with some vegetal notes in here too. I get the fruitiness of the oolong, but it’s not incredibly distinct so I’m not incredibly sure if I could blindly point it out as pomegranate. There also just a tiny bit of butteryness.

Concluding thoughts are that this is definitely enjoyable and pleasant, but it’s not unique or distinct enough for me to feel that I could justify purchasing it. Ultimately, I think I would also crave my Raspberry Oolong from Tea Desire over it because it shares many of the same characteristics and it much more available. The only thing that would maybe compel me to make this a purchase is the beautiful tin design.

I have to say, I’ve tried several Harney blends now and while they’ve not been bad only one has really impressed me greatly.

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have certainly done that before. I have also typed in “sipdown”.

I have certainly done that before. I have also typed in “sipdown”.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada