Sipdown (196/200)!

Ok, that’s not the actual total because my cupboard isn’t updated yet, but it is the total I had at the time of making this yesterday…

I am heartbroken to see this one go. I instantly fell in love with it and I want it in my life forever and ever. If we don’t meet again I will be one miserable, heartbroken tea drinker. However, I went to the dentist’s yesterday to get some work done (and yay, because I haven’t been in pain since!) and I knew I wanted something black and delicious and just perfect to take with me on the bus ride there and home and nothing else seemed like it would do.

So, I steeped up a timolino of this and added in a splash of milk and very happily sipped at my liquid waffles and baked bread and caramel deliciousness on the way there and back until every last drop was gone. And then when I was home I resteeped and repeated the process. I made damn good use of my splendid waffle tea, and when finally the leaves had given all they could I sat down, drooling a little a lot because I couldn’t feel half my face at all, and made a really mopey, pouty face for the next few hours.

Well, I tried to make a pouty face. I had no feeling in half my face and couldn’t get that half to cooperate and move for the pouty face. So on the outside I was only half pouty, but on the inside I was all pout.

EDIT: Oh hey, that was tasting note 700! Yay me.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Honey

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Courtney

Yay 700! And this tea is magnificent.

keychange

This tea is indeed magnificent!

__Morgana__

Congrats on 700!

Grats on 700….and this is still in Stock.. Also if you like this tea, I can send you some other Taiwanese teas you might enjoy, once you get around to wanting to swap teas heh

Roswell Strange

I know it’s in stock, I just can’t afford to get more at the moment. :(

Sami Kelsh

I wish you a speedy dental recovery! huggins

Also HOT JAM THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD, OH MY SWEET GOSH.

Kamyria

Congrats on the 700th!!

OMGsrsly

Woo, 700! And I’m glad you’ve been able to get some of that dental work done. :)

boychik

Roswell I’m sending you this one I think it’s 1/2 oz all I have. We just expect another blizzard tonight/ tomorrow . If I could make it to PO tomorrow …

Comments

Courtney

Yay 700! And this tea is magnificent.

keychange

This tea is indeed magnificent!

__Morgana__

Congrats on 700!

Roswell Strange

I know it’s in stock, I just can’t afford to get more at the moment. :(

Sami Kelsh

I wish you a speedy dental recovery! huggins

Also HOT JAM THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD, OH MY SWEET GOSH.

Kamyria

Congrats on the 700th!!

OMGsrsly

boychik

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada