Sipdown! Though, I drank this before it actually made it into my cupboard, so there’s no number attached to it…

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. I was really curious about it and with the recent reblend not knowing whether I’d want a full pouch or not was killing me – so getting to taste a small amount was most welcome.

Overall, I would say this is a good Genmaicha and it did have a sort of creamy sweetness to it that made it different from a regular Genmaicha, enough so that had I been trying this blindly I would have known it was flavoured with something – I just doubt I could have placed what. There definitely wasn’t cherry, or really any fruit, flavour though. So that was disappointing.

All in all, a good and enjoyable cup but not something I’d want more of based on that cup alone. I guess I kinda got Cheesecake from it though?

Flavors: Cream, Grass

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

The one cup I had, I was not a fan of it.

Comments

VariaTEA

The one cup I had, I was not a fan of it.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada