drank Creme Brulee by DAVIDsTEA

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample of this. Back when I first got into loose leaf I almost bought a lot of this one, but I opted for Salted Caramel instead because I was really feeling black tea at the time, and the strainer I had wasn’t super fine mesh so rooibos was tricky for me to brew.

I thought that I’d only have one cup worth, but there was actually two worth so the next one will be a sipdown. That’s awesome, because despite the lower rating on this one, I actually found it super enjoyable and tasty.

I should point out I haven’t had Creme Brulee in years, and when I had it (my only encounter) I thought it was really gross and burnt tasting, so I likely don’t have the most accurate point of reference. However, dry and steeped I thought this smelled incredibly sweet, and rich, and creamy with a strong caramel flavour and I was certain I’d love it. And, I was right!

I think this was consumed in under two minutes. I just couldn’t put the mug down because it was delicious and so rich and flavourful and definitely caramel. I definitely think it tasted better than Salted Caramel, and compared to Birthday Cake or Oh Canada! which are both richer, sweet vanilla/caramel/maple rooibos blends, I think this one comes out on top. Which is maybe a shame because I have so much of the other two, but only one more cup of this one.

We’ll see if my second cup confirms my feelings about this blend, but I think it’s something I’d want to restock (sooner rather than later, but ultimately I’d want to use up all my Birthday Cake or Oh Canada! first).

VariaTEA

Glad you enjoyed this.

Comments

VariaTEA

Glad you enjoyed this.

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada