Sipdown! Though, another one that happened before this tea could be added to my cupboard…

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample cup! I’m always up for trying another Root Beer tea, and I was really curious how this compared to Butterbeer too.

Taste wise, I think I do prefer this to Butterbeer because BB had this kind of indescribable flavour quality that I really struggle to place. It’s rootbeer, but it’s not rootbeer, too. This blend isn’t having an internal identity crisis and it knows what the fuck it is. Rootbeer, plain and simple.

I did get a thicker mouthfeel, and there was a creamy vanilla flavour in addition to the rootbeer that would have been the icecream/‘float’. Excellent. It’s odd to say, but I was also reminded of wood? But in the most delicious way, and also in a non rooibos way. Overall, I thought this was a good cup, and one I would maybe stock again even though there are better blends I’ve tried (Butiki’s or DT’s, sadly unavailable, version which is also black). I definitely wouldn’t stock it right now though, because I have lots of Butterbeer and even though this is better, I definitely don’t need both.

Butterbeer tasted like Cream Soda to me.

Butterbeer tasted like Cream Soda to me.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada