Sipdown (202/206)!

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample (and I think Josie Jade by extension?), but I really wasn’t all that impressed, and I kind of knew I wouldn’t be just based on the smell.

This one smelled like really high quality, fancy ass rich people soap. Which, yes, is totally a thing. It’s always like overly complex flavours like “Cocoa Shea Butter with sea Salt and Coconut bits” and shaped into ridiculous things like a sea horse or an open clam with a pearl inside. Is a simple “bar” not good enough? Thing is, as far as soap goes it smells pretty fucking phenomenal – but when you get down to it, it’s just soap.

That smell really carried into the taste as well. Rich, extravagant flavours but bottom line – it was soap. I honestly felt like had I poured it on my hands I could have lathered up with it. No one wants that from their tea…

VariaTEA

I hoped you would have better luck with this one but unfortunately it does not seem as though that was the case. It sounded good in theory though.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada