Sipdown (201/205)!

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. This was barely even on my radar prior to receiving it (I was much more interested in the Cheesecake Genmaichas that Frank has done), but it certainly is now. I was really quite pleasantly surprised with how flavourful it was.

Honestly, I was kind of conflicted by the flavours because it was total puffed wheat and then juicy berries which in my mind equates to some kind of gross soggy cereal type mess, but it was actually phenomenal in practice and I thought very well balanced and interesting with great contrasting yet complimenting flavours.

I even made the effort to resteep it, which I basically never do, and was impressed that the fruit flavour (which somewhat deteriorated) was still detectable. I would buy a full pouch of this one, and I’ve also added it to my wish/shopping list.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

I’m glad you liked this one. You didn’t ask for it, which I was surprised, but I figured it was a genmaicha so you should try it.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada