Mmm, I really like this one! Two days ago it was one of my last teas for the night, just as something that was really relaxing and consistently yummy.

I seem to be a touch off my “plum” flavoured things kick, but still really quite good! I guess I was a bit worried that now that I’d not drinking plum flavoured things daily anymore that I wouldn’t like this as much – happy to be proved wrong.

VariaTEA

I can send more to you!

Roswell Strange

Haha, that’s ok. I have way too much tea right now, and still several cups worth left of this one :)

sundaysipping

I loved this one so much I used it to make cookies. :-) The fruit flavor is impressive — I’m so often disappointe by “fruit” teas that don’t taste fruity, totally expected to be disappointed here too, and wasn’t. Great tea!

Roswell Strange

How did you use it for cookies?

tigress_al

Making cookies with tea? That sounds interesting! I have always wanted to bake with tea, but haven’t made the leap yet.

sundaysipping

I made sugar cookies and it was fairly easy. I melted down some unsalted butter, opened up the tea bags, and added the tea directly to the butter. I let the tea steep in the butter while it boiled until I got a color/scent that I liked. Then I strained the butter (to get rid of the tea leaves) and added it to my dry ingredients.
The only difference between using tea-infused butter and normal butter is 1) you have to use unsalted butter and 2) you have to use a little more butter than the recipe calls for so that after infusing/straining, you end up with the right amount.

Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-sugar-cookies/

Baking with Tea Instructions: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2010/05/baking-with-tea-how-to-get-flavor-of.html

Comments

VariaTEA

I can send more to you!

Roswell Strange

How did you use it for cookies?

tigress_al

Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-sugar-cookies/

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually nearly two years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada