Sipdown (201/203)!

This is the last of yesterday’s backlog I’m going to be able to squeak in a write up for, at least for today. I need to go get ready for my interview and eat something. Still, I made a nice(ish) dent in it!

I finished this off quickly because I could see the sipdown potential and was not worried about hoarding it. The last was prepped in a timolino to allow for the little extra bit of leaf, and I mixed in some milk just like I had pondered doing earlier this week.

I was actually less impressed this time around and thought this mug worth taste rather burnt/bitter, and almost had unwelcome notes of cinnamon. Despite maintaining a “cookie like” taste, this was not so delicious and the milk did nothing to help at all. I finished the whole thing in the hope that by the time it cooled down a little it’d be better (just slowly sipping at it in the mean time), but it never did and in hindsight I think I should have just dumped it and saved myself some time.

I’m going to lower my rating.

keychange

Good luck today!!

VariaTEA

Good luck!! And I am sorry this wasn’t good. I had a lot of the same issues with it as you did. Luckily I was able to send it to Josie Jade who seems to really enjoy it.

OMGsrsly

Fingers crossed with the interview!

Roswell Strange

Interview didn’t go too well, but as soon as I got there I kind of knew it wouldn’t. The staff was all East Indian employees, and all eight other candidates besides myself were also East Indian and all seemed to know one another/the staff. Oh well, just gotta keep looking.

OMGsrsly

That is weird. I always wonder why they interview people when that happens. I’ve had a couple interviews like that.

Comments

keychange

Good luck today!!

VariaTEA

OMGsrsly

Fingers crossed with the interview!

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada