Sad, tragic sipdown (199/201)…

Well, I guess I’m happy this is the tea that puts me under 200 again, but I’m heartbroken because my love affair with this blend has reached a horrible end for all parties; kind of like the conclusion of The Great Gatbsy (I just finished rereading the book, so I have Gatsby Brain right now). My wife Tropicalia caught me cheating with Pink Passion fruit and had the tisane brutally ended in a pool of hot, boiling water…

Oh, and I guess sorry for any Gatsby spoilers, there…

Anyway, thanks Aimee Popovacki for introducing me with this one. It’s been on my shopping list since trying it, so I’ll be sure to keep a good eye out.

VariaTEA

I don’t think you can worry about spoilers on a book that has been around since 1925 :P.

OMGsrsly

What VariaTEA said! :D Although I avoided the book in high school. And the movie. I’m not sure how I managed that.

Roswell Strange

It was required reading for my advanced English course in Grade 12, and I just absolutely loved it. I adored the movie too, despite it not getting great reviews (I own it, actually; like I actually payed for it because I liked it that much) – I thought the casting was perfect and they captured the setting and all the very detailed and complex symbolism perfectly (also, they didn’t cut any important plot at all).

OMGsrsly

I, umm, can’t stand Robert Redford OR Mia Farrow. Made it maybe 10 minutes in. The newer films might be better, but that’s what I had to work with!

aisling of tea

So I have a fair bit of this left, and I’ve kind of fallen out of love with it, I much prefer Pink Dragonfruit from Tealish. Do you want the rest of mine?

Roswell Strange

Oh sweet merciful Zeus, yes! Except, I can’t return the favour right now unfortunately – and wouldn’t want to be a trouble or cause you unnecessary shipping costs.

aisling of tea

Oh please, I have 400+ teas in my cupboard, do you think I really need more samples? XD Have a stroll through my cupboard, pick out some more to try, if you like. Hate to only send one tea!

it’s baaaack….

Comments

VariaTEA

it’s baaaack….

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada