drank Movie Night by DAVIDsTEA
1945 tasting notes

Drank while watching Princess Jellyfish (I’m very, very tempted to rewatch the whole series again tonight; I’d say it’s tied with Blood+ right now as my favourite anime). It was the perfect light, kind of nutty, buttery counterpart with just enough sweetness from the apple!

Very gentle.

Helena

I haven’t watched those yet. I’m glued to my Fairy Tail manga and I am currently watching Magi, Log Horizon and rewatching Sword Art Online as the new season is coming :D LONG LIVE ANIME!

Roswell Strange

My roommate likes Sword Art Online, but I’ve been putting off watching it specifically because he likes it, heh…

Helena

if you like .hack//sign or Log Horizon than you will like Sword Art Online. It’s very good and popular. Well you could always watch Attack on Titan it’s popular… I don’t really like it that much though. Dusk Madien Amnesia is good, 11 eyes was okay, Another was AWESOME and creepy as hell. Watch out for the umbrella! (watch Another and you will understand)

Roswell Strange

I have a friend who really wants me to watch Attack on Titan, but the art style bothers me a lot… Right now I seem to be on a bit of a Bishounen/Shoujo kick, though often I lean towards more fantasy type stuff.

Helena

Black Butler (kuroshitsuji) has a very nice art style and the manga just flat out rocks! Kamisama Kiss is good the manga is Kamisama Hajimemeashita. Also I recommend Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket, My Bride is a Mermaid is funny, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (FMA doesn’t count) Fairy Tail of course, and umm.. dang it I’m drawing a slight blank right now but give me time and I can list more…

Roswell Strange

I’ve seen Ouran (albeit a while back) and Fruits Basket (also one of my favourites). I watched the first episode of My Bride is a Mermaid but it didn’t really do much to sell itself. Too many angry shouting Yukuza, and I got the sense that’d be a regular thing. My brother is watching FMA Brotherhood right now, and I’m waiting to hear his verdict. Fairy Tale is on my list of stuff to watch, but not totally sure I’m in the right headspace for it atm. I also really like Soul Eater, Digimon (up until Frontier), One Piece (I watch occasionally with my roommate, so what I’ve seen is sporadic), and Free! Iwatobi Swimming Club. I also very recently finished B Gata H Kei and thought that was decent enough, though I was disappointed in the ending.

AnnaEA

I love Ouran and Fruits Basket, and just finished a long weekend Hell Girl marathon. I’m debating what to watch next – either Sekaiichi Hatsukoi again (cute boys!) Or something new. B gata h kei did end a little soon – apparently the manga goes on a good bit yet, buf the anime just didn’t get renewed??

Helena

well of course Digimon rocks, Black Butler is on Netflix season 1 rocks but the manga is better and still going, season 2 is weird and doesn’t count. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is awesome and I’m sure you’ll like it. I can’t stand One Piece but than I can never get past episode 1, or in the manga chapter 1 because the animation style bothers me.. it looks so childish… and I’ve only seen the first two episodes of Naruto before deciding it was stupid. Soul Eater is pretty interesting but I’ve only got to Death Junior I think his name was.. the weird kid with the obsession with being perfect. Angel Beats is a good show. Magi is really good!! It is kind of addicting to watch Magi so I warn you now. I’ve seen an episode of Free! Iwatobi Swimming Club and it’s in my Crunchyroll que but between Magi and Log Horizon it hasn’t got much attention… poor thing I’ll watch it tomorrow so it stops feeling left out.

Helena

@ AnnaEA unfortunately a lot of animes get cancelled but the manga continues. Oh D Gray Man is really good but the anime and manga are both kindof in limbo at the moment but still worth it. I haven’t seen Hell Girl yet. Trinity Blood was good, Black Blood Brothers was also good if I remember correctly. GUNDAM WING rocked but then anything Gundam is usually good, Escaflowne the manga was deliberately done differently than the show and the show actually came first both were awesome though.

Roswell Strange

@AnnaEA, B Gata H Kei was supposed to have a second season but because of complaints/content and what not it didn’t happen initially. Supposedly it’ll be released sometime this summer. Supposedly. @Helena, Death The Kidd! He’s awesome. Definitely one of my favourites. The problem I have with Soul Eater is that I only like half the characters; I can’t stand Liz, Patty, and Black Star. I have a friend who likes Angel Beats and I watched the first episode with her, but I just didn’t enjoy it a whole lot.

Roswell Strange

They need to release the volumes of Princess Jellyfish faster. There are only 13. The sooner they make more of it, the sooner the anime can have a second season.

Helena

well it got better after the first episode when you figure out everything it can be quite sad. Not nearly as sad as Clannad After Story even if it did have a happy ending.

Inuyasha is always a must :D

Kat

I thought I was the only person who LOVES Blood +. #latetotheparty

Roswell Strange

Blood+ is my favourite anime (tied with Princess Jellyfish)!

Comments

Helena

AnnaEA

Inuyasha is always a must :D

Kat

I thought I was the only person who LOVES Blood +. #latetotheparty

Roswell Strange

Blood+ is my favourite anime (tied with Princess Jellyfish)!

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada