Thanks MissB for the sample, I broke it out today because it’s a size I should be able to sipdown relatively quickly. I wasn’t sure whether I should stick to the steeping directions you wrote out because the temp. was rather high for a blend containing white tea – but I figured you knew what you were doing and I went for it.

My thoughts based on my first few sips are kinda “eighyhh” (which is totally a thing starting now, just because I say it is). The problem I’m encountering here is that the caramel tastes really weird paired with the base teas, which are terribly reminding me of vegetable stock. Vegetable stock/broth and caramel? Ewww

And berries? There’s supposed to be berries in this? Sorry, but nope.

Actually, I just looked up the ingredients list… And what the fuck!? I’m starting to wonder if I’m drinking the wrong tea – except, I totally double checked to make sure I’d grabbed the correct TARDIS tea (I’ve got the Cara McGee one too) – because I don’t taste any of this shit?

Blueberries? Nope
Ginger? Nope (thank God…)
Cinnamon? Maybe, if I push really hard?
Bergamot? Even this one – which is typically a hard flavour to miss – is hiding on me.

The only thing I get is vegetable stock and caramel. Yeah, this is a miss for me…

A really, really weird miss; but hey, at least I have one TARDIS tea I enjoy, right?

Flavors: Caramel, Chicken Soup

Roswell Strange

So, my “ewww” shows up as hyperlinked. Interesting.

Lala

Your “eighyhh” totally reminds me of Fonzie from Happy Days. he he.

Cavocorax

Wait…. how is chicken soup a flavour, and strawberry isn’t?
Too bad it didn’t work out.

Jennkay

I was scrolling casually when I saw Chicken Soup as one of the flavors and thought, “Wait, am I still on Steepster?” haha. Sounds like a weird experience.

OMGsrsly

Oh no! I love this one, I get a blueberry earl grey. But I think I steep at 180F or so. Still. Caramel chicken soup… that’s definitely something interesting to try. O.o

Comments

Roswell Strange

So, my “ewww” shows up as hyperlinked. Interesting.

Lala

Your “eighyhh” totally reminds me of Fonzie from Happy Days. he he.

Cavocorax

Wait…. how is chicken soup a flavour, and strawberry isn’t?
Too bad it didn’t work out.

Jennkay

OMGsrsly

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada