Looks like the houseguests cleared challenge #2, and now they’re onto challenge #3 and have to tether themselves together. Should be interesting…

I really wish I had the ingredients list for this blend because it’s fascinating in flavour but very hard to describe. I love it though. I can see this as an instant favourite and something I’d need to always have stocked. I just don’t own anything like it.

Pretty much, I get a very light black base with no bitterness or astringency, and then sweet notes of vanilla (this flavour is strong), some kind of mint (I want to say wintergreen), melon, and some very light (and not “rind” or “Pledge like”) lemon. But no clue how accurate that ingredients list/summary is. I don’t even have a product description for this one – which is a little frustrating. Maybe I’ll email Jule (the owner) and ask for the ingredients list. I know it’s there in store, but this blend isn’t up on the site. She was really helpful when I wanted the list of ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie Fruit Tea she sells.

But yes – I adore this one already, and fear that it’s going to be quickly consumed. If you’re up in Regina and can stop at the store, I highly recommend picking this one up! It’s enchanting.

Flavors: Melon, Vanilla

VariaTEA

Sounds quite tasty :)

Comments

VariaTEA

Sounds quite tasty :)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada