drank Dolce Vita by RiverTea

Sipdown (200/202)!

Sample courtesy of aisling of tea.

I requested this one because it’s one of the more popular RiverTea blends, and I’ve read a bunch of good reviews on it. Plus, I like raspberries a lot and the meringue hats intrigued me. I also thought it might be interesting to compare with DT’s Fantasy Island.

There was more than one cups worth of this, but when I saw it was on VariaTEA’s wishlist I split my sample with her so she could try it too. And then, I ended up using a larger amount of leaf today because I did this one in a timolino.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good but really straight forward and simple; sweet raspberry and black tea. I kind of was left unsatisfied because I thought there should have been more depth to this. I didn’t pick up the coconut at all until the very end of the thermos, as well. Compared to Fantasy Island I think they’re pretty evenly matched though in slightly different ways; this was more raspberry than coconut and FI is more coconut than raspberry.

I’d drink it again – but I wouldn’t purchase it.

Also, I ate one of the meringue hats straight; it was pretty good! Crunchier/tougher than I expected it to be though – I was anticipating light and fluffy/chewy.

VariaTEA

Yay! I look forward to trying it but I am getting more and more frightened by how large this package you are sending might be.

Roswell Strange

I mean, it’s all sample sizes…

VariaTEA

Yes but how many samples? I mean in a week I have gone from almost being at 90 teas to over 160

Roswell Strange

I lost track at around 20, but I feel like 30 might be close to the correct number?

VariaTEA

Oh god. I best be getting in some sipdowns before it gets here then.

Bwahahahahahaaaa

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s hilarious. :) Go VariaTEA go!

…my teaboxes from terri just showed up…that’s tea boxES….final count incoming tonight..

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

I mean, it’s all sample sizes…

VariaTEA

Oh god. I best be getting in some sipdowns before it gets here then.

Bwahahahahahaaaa

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s hilarious. :) Go VariaTEA go!

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada