Sipdown (193/195)!

So, I made the last of this in my timolino and drank it on the walk home. It started snowing! Like, fairly heavily. Boo! Fingers crossed it all melts by tomorrow. DEATH TO ALL THE SNOW.

Anyway; this was nice! It’s sweet and maybe a little more “chocolate” flavoured than the previous cup was – but mostly it’s the cloves I’m really ‘digging’ right now. Concluding thoughts: this will be a little missed, but I’m sure it’ll be short lived/soon forgotten – it was a good, solid gingerless chai and I loved that, but I don’t think it was special enough/unique enough to be remembered over the other chais I keep stocked.

Thanks VariaTEA for the Transylvanian Transsiberian Chai!

this one is awesome.

VariaTEA

It is definitely one of the few chais I like but I don’t think it is one I will keep stocked either after I finish what I have. I think my future Camellia Sinensis orders will consist of Ombrelle de Papier and copious amounts of Des Roses et Des Bonbons.

OMGsrsly

Ombrelle de Papier was SO GOOD.

VariaTEA

It is one of my favorite white teas for sure. Weirdly enough, aside from mulberry white teas, all the whites I really enjoy are from local companies in Mtl.

Roswell Strange

Coughitsonmywishlistcough

VariaTEA

Haha, I shall share with you Roswell Strange, fear not.

JustJames

i have to look that one up…. never heard of it. brilliant name though……

VariaTEA

JustJames, I can probably send you a sample as well :). By the way, I think a postal worker has run off with the package you sent me since it still has not arrived :P.

JustJames

i know! what a dirty trick…. am i rebuilding your parcel and sending it off now?

VariaTEA

Haha thank you for the offer but you don’t have to do that. I have plenty of tea here already :)

Comments

JustJames

this one is awesome.

OMGsrsly

Ombrelle de Papier was SO GOOD.

Roswell Strange

Coughitsonmywishlistcough

VariaTEA

Haha, I shall share with you Roswell Strange, fear not.

JustJames

i have to look that one up…. never heard of it. brilliant name though……

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada