This sample from VariaTEA is from ages ago, and I’ve really been putting off trying it since I didn’t care for the Maple Bacon from 52Teas a whole lot; however tonight something inside me just went “well, just FUCK IT – we’re pulling this out and you’re trying it; personal taste be damned”. So, that’s what I did.

Dry, I smell mostly a fain bacon/savory smell and not much else – and then sort of right up until the last thirty second or so of steeping this, the aroma was this mostly savory and sort of unappealing bacon sent and I was sure I was going to hate this. Those last 30 seconds, though? Suddenly this full, vibrant and INTENSE pineapple smell emerged and I instantly went “Oh!” – in the best way possible.

Drinking it now? I have to say, this tea is giving me the fireworks that I’ve been looking for all day. It’s a flavour explosion in my mouth and I’m getting the most well balanced and delicious pineapple/bacon flavour EVER. It honestly reminds me a little bit of A) the pineapple flavour in Butiki blends, which I adore and B) my favourite Pineapple and Cheese pizza from Boston Pizza.

The sweet/savory just works SO FUCKING WELL! I’m surprised in the most brilliant way, and now I’m both sad I waited so long to try it and sad that I only have a few more cups worth left. I want a full pouch of this! Seriously; it’s pineapple (my favourite fruit) done in a way that no other pineapple tea in my cupboard can compare to.

Yum! What a delightful, shocking surprise!

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Oh man, now I really want Pineapple Bacon Pizza…I never get a chance to get it because no one else in the house likes it :(

MzPriss

How can anyone not like a pizza with bacon on it?

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you liked it :). This came to me through Dexter3657 in one of my very first swaps so really she is the one you should thank :).

Also, I am a fan of pineapple on pizza too but when I go to Boston Pizza, it’s their Spicy Pierogi all the way :P

Suziqzer

I can do bacon on pizza, but not pineapple… Just weird having sweet on pizza. Now combining them in a tea.. who knows, might be a whole nother experience.

Roswell Strange

I haven’t had bacon in, uh, over 10 years? Which is more than half my lifetime, heh…

Fjellrev

Now I just simply want bacon.

Suziqzer

What ? No bacon for 10 years? Wow! .. We had some this morning. Of course, you have to take into account that I grew up on a hog(pig) farm in Indiana.

Roswell Strange

I’ve been a vegetarian for the last ten years, though (52Teas uses fake bacon so it’s Veggie friendly) – so I can’t even recall what “real bacon” tastes like. I also don’t eat vegetarian bacon either; not regularly, anyway.

Suziqzer

Good for you! I think it’s such a healthy lifestyle. Not one I am inclined to try being where I live and with my upbringing. I know people do it for varying reasons, and I’m not one to argue a point either way. I think it could be difficult depending on where you live- protein alternatives have gotten much better in recent years though.

Comments

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

MzPriss

How can anyone not like a pizza with bacon on it?

VariaTEA

Fjellrev

Now I just simply want bacon.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada