My first Cornelia Bean experience!

Dexter3657 (I really hope I’m getting those numbers in the right order) was very thoughtful when sending her package to me, and went through my wishlist – sending teas I had on there and teas that were similar to what I had on there, like this one which is pretty similar to the Dragonfruit blend from Cuppa’T that I have included there.

Since the Cuppa’T blend is on the list as something I enjoyed thoroughly/wish to acquire again for cold brewing, that’s how I decided to prepare this one! In total this steeped overnight and briefly this morning for somewhere around 15 hours. Now that it’s strained and I’m drinking it, I think it’s absolutely delicious!

Mostly, I just taste the dragonfruit and it reminds me of pink dragonfruit vitamin water in the same way that Cuppa’T Specialty Teas’ Dragon Fruit Cranberry blend did. Which is a good thing. A really good thing. However, if I really pick this apart I can separate some of the flavours and in doing so am able to notice the dragon fruit, kiwi, chokeberries, cranberries, and to some extent the pineapple individually. However, I think I would much rather prefer to not focus on that and instead experience the tea all together as a whole.

Overall, I think I like Cuppa’T’s take better – but only slightly. I would be more than content to have either that blend or this blend stocked in quantity! Mmm! So thank you a bundle Dexter3657 for the incredibly thoughtful add in! This was a fantastic first introduction to Cornelia Bean, and I’m very excited to have enough of this left for a second cold brew. Mmm!

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 25 OZ / 739 ML
Helena

hehe I’ve never stopped in the Cornelia Bean but I guess I’ll have to go try some of their blends. It’s a bit of walk from home though so I’ll go when the snow leaves. Or the temperature around here goes up to +1C or 0C

VariaTEA

I was sooo close to getting this in my most recent order and didn’t :(. Now I wish I had. By the way, if you want to try more of their teas, I have plenty to share!

Helena

Lol I have to drink my tea stash down a bit first. I still have some Butiki Teas, Teavivre and my monthly Verdant Tea bundle before I can order anything else.

Roswell Strange

Went through and added some things to my wishlist; but if you do decide to send me some of their blends just send whatever you dislike/think I’d like: you know my tastes pretty well by now ;)

VariaTEA

That is true. I will send something off soon enough. I keep trying to remember everything I plan on sending you but I always forget. I should make a list.

Dexter

Awesome, yes I included it because of a similar one on your wish list. I really need to pick up more of this for the summer, but as Helena said will wait for it to warm up a bit first.

Helena

-25C today.. are you sure spring is even coming? it’s like the white rabbit always late!

Dexter

I know Helena, it was crazy cold for the end of March. Walked about a block to the post office today, wasn’t fun. I am sure though that spring will come even if it is late. If you haven’t been to Cornelia Bean then I’d recommend that you pop in and check it out. Fun little store. The clerks aren’t as knowledgeable as I would like, but it nice. My problem is that Bernard Callebaut is two doors down. End up binging on tea AND chocolate. :))

Comments

Helena

Roswell Strange

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada