Sipdown (187/189)!

Very short “blip” of backlog, seeing as I had this last night but fell asleep before logging it. Literally, I fell asleep with the page for this open, and my laptop on my lap. Tre says he moved my laptop so I didn’t knock it off the couch or anything stupid. And now he’s making fun of me because he left for school at 9AM and got home at 3PM and I was dead asleep at both points in time – meaning I slept for a straight twelve hours…

But this was nice; I had the last of it from Dexter3657 (I’m always going to second guess whether those numbers are in the right order) coldbrewing yesterday afternoon and I was just waiting super impatiently all day for it to be finished so I could enjoy it. After twelve hours, and at 10 PM I declared it “good enough!”. It was perfect timing; despite hanging out all evening in a tank top and boxer shorts, I felt like I was perpetually burning up – and a cold, refreshing tea to sip on all evening was perfect. Maybe I’m getting sick? That would explain all the sleeping, right? I better not be getting sick! I sure as hell don’t have time for getting sick…

This is so perfect though! It’s totally a spring/summer tea – but I would drink it year round regardless. It captures the lush, juicy taste of Dragonfruit perfectly and I was in love the moment I tried it! I would not hesitate to stock either this one or Cuppa’T Specialty Tea’s Dragonfruit Cranberry blend, which tastes eerily similar! And definitely at least 100g worth! Mmm! So good!

…there’s a reason i just call her dexter lol

VariaTEA

Every time you post about this one, it makes me regret more and more not ordering it :P

Dexter

(Sorry – I just find it easier to use the same user name at all sites and on most you can’t be just Dexter….)

keychange

I just love that your roommate’s name is tree and that he moved your lap top out of the way for you. aww.

Roswell Strange

My phone likes to autocorrect it to Tree all the time. It’s actually pronounced “Tray” though :P

I think he should henceforth be known as Tree :P

Comments

…there’s a reason i just call her dexter lol

Dexter

keychange

Roswell Strange

I think he should henceforth be known as Tree :P

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada