drank Big Apple by DAVIDsTEA

I don’t care what DT says; keep the steep temp. on this one low! This has both white and green tea in it, and there’s definitely more leaf than added in fruit bits – so unlike Movie Night or some of the other white/green blends with high steep temps. you cannot get away with steeping this one like that!

That’s my little mini rant of the day; which I’m only pointing out because I nearly steeped this at that high of a temperature because I feel loopy and like I’m overheating (I am now convinced that I’m getting sick) and I wasn’t being the most tentative tea drinker/maker. I’ve made this mistake of doing this one at a high temp. before and it was sickeningly bitter and made me feel very nauseous – I definitely don’t need that now if I’m getting sick again.

But anyway; this is tasty (when done right)! Caramel Apple goodness!

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Cream

deep breath…. :)

aisling of tea

I feel you on the feeling loopy and overheating, I’ve been dizzy since the weekend and right now I’m curled up in front of an open window (in Toronto), eating a lemon ice. Feel better!

Comments

deep breath…. :)

aisling of tea

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada