And on the 10th day of Christmas Steepster gave to me, Ten Lords a Leaping…

Fun fact: I just typed out “Lordes”, like the Royals singer, instead of “Lords” and now I’m giggling a little bit.

Other Fun Fact: It took me an embarrassingly long time to get to this tea from the 12 Days of Christmas swap (this day was provided by Kelci), and I’m sorry about that!

Straight blacks are morning teas for me, and often I’m not really up in the “morning”. And I guess this sample just got pushed to the very back of the sample drawer in my kitchen. I recently reorganized it though, which is when I found this and moved it to the top.

I think I may have added in too much milk though because that’s practically all I could taste in the blend, other than some faint generic (but nice generic) black tea with maybe a tiny bit of floral notes? I have one more cup though, so when I make it tomorrow for work (to get the sipdown in) I’ll use less milk and see what other flavours I notice.

It was good, though!

Suziqzer

I like black teas in the morning too… I think it’s more of a mental thing. Thinking more caffeine to get the day started, and hey, I grew up on mostly black tea and iced tea, so it’s more familiar

Comments

Suziqzer

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada