drank Gold Rush by DAVIDsTEA

Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven’t had it in a while, so I thought “why not?”. This is a more expensive one to refill so I don’t have it on a regular basis – but it’s so good that I totally could.

It’s basically a super yummy cuppa of hot, liquid caramel and coconut. Mmm! So sweet and indulgent and rich! Plus you can still slightly taste the silverneedle which is awesome because I really enjoy silverneedles…

Watching the BBCan2 live feeds now, and someone just made a cup of green tea. It had me thinking that, should I ever make it into the house (which I hope to, someday) then I’d have to go without all my tea. It’d be one of the hardest things to do, but for Big Brother I think I could do it…

I’d try to smuggle in a few tins, though ;)

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

Cavocorax

Ooooh, Gold Rush!
And you wouldn’t be able to bring your own tea in? Is it because the sponsors choose it all?

Roswell Strange

They only get certain foods in the house because of the branding; the brands have to give their consent to be included (because you can see everything the house guests eat), and then also get Big Brother approval. I highly doubt all my tea companies would give consent ;) Though perhaps if I brought them in unmarked tins and just never talked about what I was drinking? That’d be hard though…

Roswell Strange

As it is, they have bagged Green tea (ick), possibly a bagged black, I think a peppermint, and then iced tea? Like Brisk or something like that…

Suziqzer

I imagine you could get them to let a brand of loose leaf in if the brand paid for sponsorship of the show. Just a thought… Might not have to be totally without.

Comments

Cavocorax

Ooooh, Gold Rush!

Suziqzer

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada