reviewed Mesh Tea Ball by DAVIDsTEA

I figured that since I was doing a teaware review already I’d toss up a review of this one too and add it to my cupboard, since I’ve had these teaballs practically since I started drinking tea and they’re an everyday part of how I make tea (I know, I know…).

I mean; they’re teaballs. There’s nothing special about them; they do what they’re intended to and the fact they came from DAVIDsTEA over other places really doesn’t do anything to change how they function.

For the most part I find that there’s enough room for expansion for a lot of the teas I drink; though definitely not all of them. However, I definitely have a wide range of teaballs/clamps from various stores and companies in a great number of sizes including one as big as my fist which I use for things like oolongs or black teas such as Butiki’s Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black; teas that need room.

But yeah… Teaballs. They are what they are, and that’s convenient and easy to use. Can’t really complain too much about that.

Courtney

Interesting. I’ve never liked teaballs haha. I always use the infusers that come with the Perfect mugs.

Me too Courtney! Easier to clean out afterwards too

Roswell Strange

Oh I totally agree with both of you; I just don’t really have any infusers at home other than the one I just got with my perfect tea mug and the one in my mason jar (and I guess the tiny clip on type ones in my timolinos). And I guess maybe I lean towards teaballs as a nostalgia type thing? That’s how I started drinking tea (plus I do have the GIANT ones, like I said).

whatshesaid

I went on a perfect tea mug buying frenzy at one point so I have like 4 infusers, haha. Comes in handy when I don’t want to throw away used leaves but don’t want a resteep immediately. So there’s always at least two just sitting full on my counter

Courtney

Haha I did a similar thing whatshesaid. I have 4 infusers, but two are still new, never taken out of the box, along with the Perfect mugs they came with haha. I do understand nostalgia though Roswell Strange.

whatshesaid

I rarely even use my perfect mugs now because I want to drink so many different teas in a day that I’ve started using smaller mugs

Courtney

Oh I use a big mug (15 oz.), but it’s my Spock mug, and I love it. All my Perfect mugs keep my cupboard bright and cheery, if nothing else haha.

Isaila

My dad broke my glass teapot… so now I have the infuser from that along with a perfect steeper and the aladdin mug. I’ve been thinking about getting the mason jar as well so that I can have oolongs and such in carry form.

Comments

Courtney

Me too Courtney! Easier to clean out afterwards too

Roswell Strange

Isaila

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada